'THE MAXIMUS' BY PORFIDIO aims to go beyond regular 100% agave Tequila®. In terms of quality, 'The Maximus by Porfidio' is considered by many to be the ultimate in the art of tequila making, despite not actually being classified as a Tequila®. 'The Maximus by Porfidio' is produced via enzymatic hydrolysis, not heat hydrolysis, which translates into less than half the methanol content when compared to today’s 100% agave tequilas.
PRODUCT DIFFERENTIATION POINTS:
- 'The Maximus by Porfidio is made from 100% Blue Agave, not simply 100% Agave.
- 'The Maximus by Porfidio' is made only from first-growth blue agave from the geographically delimited Jalisco region in Mexico, and is therefore Super-Jalisco. It is not made from agave grown in other regions in Mexico such as Tamaulipas, Michoacan, and Guanajuato, which Mexican law allows for 100% Agave Tequila®.
- 'The Maximus by Porfidio' is therefore not simply a '100% Agave Tequila® ', but a “100% Blue Agave Super-Jalisco”.
- The Maximus by Porfidio' is made from cold-pressed agave juice giving less than half the methanol content of the industry average for 100% Agave Tequila®.
- The cold-pressed agave juice is enzymatically hydrolized (not thermally hydrolized)
- 'The Maximus by Porfidio' is distilled with state-of-the-art German Holstein still, rather than traditional Mexican alembics.
- 'The Maximus by Porfidio' is classified as Anejo Extra, not simply regular Anejo.
- 'The Maximus by Porfidio' is aged in virgin oak barrels, not in previously used barrels.
- 'The Maximus by Porfidio' is continuously aged in virgin oak barrels throughout the entire ageing period, not simply processed with a virgin oak barrel finish.
- 'The Maximus by Porfidio' is aged in the finest hand-toasted virgin barrels, not simply in industrially processed charred virgin barrels.
- 'The Maximus by Porfidio' is partially ocean-matured, in a Tour-Du-Monde.
- The result: the top of the top, for those on top of the world